Thursday, January 25, 2007

Customer service clarification, Verizon

I've been blogging about customer service issues and dissed Verizon, but I should have noted that when they (the company) sent a technician out to my house, he (the person) was excellent.

First, he told me frankly there was no way I could get the connection speeds I signed up for and suggested I downgrade my plan. I was just to far away from the local hub. Then he installed what he called a home run—a direct line from the service box on my street to my modem. He claimed by bypassing any local connections in the house, this would ensure I was getting the fastest speed possible.

This is a good illustration of something I said earlier (forgive me for quoting myself):
...good customer service is often representative of the individual and bad customer service often of lame brain company policy.
Anyway, I felt like I needed to set the record straight on that one. I am not actually sure if he was a Verizon employee or a subcontractor working for Verizon. But in any case, I felt he helped me out as best as he could.

No comments: