Thursday, January 04, 2007

The five things you probably don't know about me post

I was tagged by Barry Gruabart at Content Matters as part of this "five things you don't know about me" blog chain letter thing. Barry tagged me at my employer's group blog, but I moved the response over here.

I don't ever pass on those chain emails that people still send me, but this blog tag thing feels a little different (you need to come here; it is not pushed to your inbox).

So, if you are interested, here are the five things you probably don't know about me:
  • Like Barry, my first plane ride was in my early 20s for my first "real" job out of college. It was from Philly to Seattle. But with the same company I then went on to take several international trips and have been to 5 continents. I still need to get to South America (should be doable) and Antarctica (may be more difficult) to hit all seven.

  • With that said, my personal geographic world is pretty small. I can walk to the homes of my sister, my mother-in-law, my wife's sister, my wife's brother, and a number of friends, including one I knew since before kindergarten. My parents, another sister-in-law, and many life long friends, are only a 5-10 minute drive a way.

  • My mother was born in Italy. She was only 4 when she came over with her father, so she doesn't have an accent. But my grandmother is that stereotypical Italian grandmother who is most happy when you are eating large portions of food.

  • In eighth grade, I was condemned to hell by Sister Helen, the principal of my Catholic grade school. All because I didn't want to be an alterboy anymore. I remember most sins were cleared up with a few Hail Marys. I didn't realize the penalty was so rough for this.

  • I was once kicked out of Veteran's stadium in the 4th quarter of an Eagles game. Yes, I was in the fabled 700 level, but no, it was not my fault. Really, it wasn't.

  • I can make things burst into flames just by staring intently at them. Ok, this is a lie, but just wanted to see if you were paying attention. I already did my five.
So that's that. But sorry, I am not passing this on to other bloggers. I am breaking the chain. I've already been damned to hell, so really, what worse can happen?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.