Thursday, July 27, 2006

How do I know where I am

I took the DC Metro today from Dupont Circle all the way out to Shady Grove. It is about a half hour ride and I was not fully prepared for my meeting, so I opened up the laptop to read through some documents. The train was relatively empty, so I had my back against the window and stretched out a bit.

I heard a man's voice talking further up the train. I wasn't really paying attention. He was one of those people who talks but not necessarily to anyone. You know what I mean.

But then I realized he was talking about me. He said, "Look at this guy. How does he know where he is. Why don't you look out the window. You should look out the window. How do you know where you are?" He sounded rather stressed about this situation.

But then he continued, "And look at those shoes. My God, are you serious? How do you know where you are?"

I wasn't sure why he didn't like my shoes, but I would agree with him, sometimes it is better to look out the window. Then you know where you are.

No comments: