Friday, May 12, 2006

Amtrak, your welcome

I travel to Washington D.C. at least once a week for work, sometimes more. I use Amtrak so much, I have a card that gets me into Club Acela, the super secret club of the Amtrak elite. The D.C. Club Acela has free wireless access...most of the time. Yesterday, I was traveling "offline" most of the day and had a few minutes to download email before I boarded the train, but I couldn't connect. I asked someone at the counter, who said it was "out." So I went into the little computer room, unplugged the wireless router, waited 30 seconds, and plugged it back in. Everything is good now. I like when solutions are simple.

Sidenote: I travel to NYC less frequently, but stopped into the NYC Club Acela a few weeks ago to download email, but the NYC doesn't have free wireless.

No comments: